Having frequent recurrent irritation under the head of penis foreskin. What is your opinion?

Hello Doc,
I am concerned about a frequent recurrent irritation under the head of my penis on the
foreskin that begins with a small amount of itching then a cluster of 4-5 raised 1-3mm bumps develop. These bumps are irritated with touch or sexual contact, then subside. This is the third episode of this I have experienced. The first episode I noticed a skin tear after sex then these bumps appeared with slight femoral lymph node swelling. I had a doc assess the first episode of this and he placed me on Doxycycline 14 days and termed the break in skin as friction rub after sex. He said to apply lotrimin cream for the itching. It worked. Lymph node subsided and cream helped. However this phenomenon returns. What is your opinion??
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 8 hours later
Thanks for posting your query
Your symptoms are suggestive of herpes type ii
You please get antibodies done
Try aciclovir ointment five times a day for five days during next episode
Herpes will vanish slowly over a number of years
Use condom during episodes to protect your partner
Good day
Prasad pvs
Follow-up: Having frequent recurrent irritation under the head of penis foreskin. What is your opinion? 2 hours later
Thanks for the reply doctor. So this is more than friction rub in your opinion. To confirm a test for antibodies has to b done?? I read herpes symptoms and the underlying skin not red, the bumps dont appear to b draining, and when they disappear they do not crust over. They just heal. There is definitely some irritation at the onset of the episode in the near same region. What kind of blood test do I need to ask the doctor to perform?? Thank You.
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 19 hours later
Herpes may be a possibility
Atypical cases do occur in medicine
I suggest you may undergo antibodies to herpes simplex type r which confirms the diagnosis.
If so you may cosult ur dr during next episode
Frictio sores do not recur