Having frequent pain in stomach. Suggest?

I am having frequent pain in my stomach.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 43 hours later
Brief Answer:
Requires to be seen by Gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Frequent pain in stomach may be due to:
1.Acid peptic disease
2. Worm infestation
3. Hepatobilliary disease
4. Intestinal colic
5. IBS (symptoms in details and may advise investigations like ultrasound abdomen, endoscopy to reach to the diagnosis

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Having frequent pain in stomach. Suggest? 2 days later
I had an endoscopy done earlier and was detected with peptic ulcers 3 years ago...

What if I have any of the symptos you listed above?
What could be the course duration? Will I have to get an endoscopy done again...are there any other procedures other than endoscopy?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
hello! sorry for delay. I will advise you to get first some noninvasive test to rule out some of the possibilities like Ultrasound abdomen, stool examination, Complete hemogram and meanwhile start with a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole. If all these tests are normal and there is relief in pain then it may be due to acid peptic disease (Peptic ulcer) only, then you may continue rabeprazole for at least 4 weeks.

Wish you a good health