Having frequent bowel movement with low iron level. Should i see to a doctor?

I have passed 5 bowl movements since yesterday morning and each as been light XXXXXXX in color. Should I see my doctor? I just attempted to donate blood and was deferred due to low iron at 12.1. Could this be the cause of the light colored stool? I also had a lot of gas yesterday and last night.
Posted Sun, 9 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The symptoms you have are likely to be due to a stomach upset which is causing the frequent passing of stools. The light color of stool is not related to an iron deficiency. Frequent stools are often light in color and the color returns to normal once the infection subsides.
1. You can start by eating soft, bland food: toast, bananas, crackers, plain rice, cooked carrots, boiled potatoes, baked chicken ~ no skin, etc.
2.Replace lost fluid and salts:Take broth, soup, fruit juices, soft fruits, or vegetables.
3.Avoid the following foods: Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.), Cold drinks - stick to warm tea or water as long as symptoms persist, Raw fruits and vegetables, fried & greasy food and fast food, spicy food, caffeine,etc.
If the symptoms are not relieved , medical treatment might be needed after proper examination.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.