Having fordyce spots. Tested negative for STD. Looking for second opinion

recently had std test and came up negative, heard these spots are Fordyce's spots. wanted a second opinion, there painless and seem to shrink and disappear at times. especially after swimming in a pool treated with chemicals. I had sexual intercourse the other night and it was very tight almost like tearing to a point
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Your penis and surrounding lesions do not seem to be Fordyce spots but I can see a reddish halo around them and Fordyce spots are essentially inflammation and pain free. They are natural but ectopic sebum glands only.
It appears like you are having local moist conditions, like sweating, moist working environment etc.
I would like you to wear cotton under garments and ensure you are absolutely dry there all the time, if you bath, immediately wipe and dry this area first.
Use a medicated dusting powder that contains salicylic acid, borate, miconazole/clotrimazole and talc twice a day till the problem subside.
With bath the visuality of the spots changes and not the actual size or severity.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!