Having foot pain only while walking and driving. What to do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi Dr, I have pain in the right leg between hindfoot and midfoot for more than a week. I am getting pain only when I walk or drive car. please suggest tablets.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take an over-the-counter pain reliever like Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From your symptoms and photo attached, it seems that you are suffering from plantar fasciitis. It happens due to inflammation of the plantar fascia. There are many things you can try to help your foot get better: Give your feet a rest. Cut back on activities that make your feet hurt. Try not to walk or run on hard surfaces. Use shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole. Take an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen (such as Advil or Motrin), naproxen (such asAleve), or aspirin. Do toe stretches, calf stretches and towel stretches several times a day, especially when you first get up in the morning. To help the pain, ice the area immediately after getting up in the morning. You can use either a store-bought cold pack or a frozen wet towel. Ice for 10 or 15 minutes. A 4-inch wide Crepe bandage wrapped around the region also helps reduce discomfort. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care