Having fluttering under armpit, top of ribs and breast. All tests normal. What it might be?

I have been having (just today) fluttering on the left side, under armpit area, around top of ribs and left breast. I have recently had a stress test that was normal and EKG's ( A few weeks ago) due to other reasons; all was normal. I am 36/M 6'2 190 lbs. I have noticed it happened around lunch before eating and after, and just now after eating.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Monitor these symptoms in the days ahead! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for his query. I have reviewed the information you have posted. Though worried why you have these symptoms, they are less likely to represent a cardiac origin or another potentially life threatening condition right now. Monitoring this to gather some more information should be the way forward. The occurrence of this symptom with food consumption makes it to be more likely psychosocial than organic. Have you ever had similar symptoms before? for what reasons did you get a stressed test done a few weeks ago? There should be some reasons that provoke these atypical fluttering sensation and ore so because they don't represent any typical manifestation of a cardiac disease. My suggestion is the following: Feel relaxed and free your mind of all worries especially related to heart disease. A constant worry about this would likely reproduce symptoms.. Monitor these symptoms over the coming days and only seek medical attention if they become repetitive or other symptoms like chest pain and difficulties set in. Otherwise, I am confident they would regress without any medical attention. I wish you well and hope you find this helpful. Thank you for using our services and please do feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD