Having fluttering sensation in upper abdomen, diarrhea and indigestion. Should I be concerned?

I am a female 46 years old and I know for a fact that I am not pregnant but I have a fluttering sensation in the upper left section of my stomach. I have been pregnant 3 times and this feels very much like the fluttering I felt during pregnancy. I have also been having diarreah and indegestion. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 minutes later
I am Dr. Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
You are 46 years old and in the perimeopausal phase ( if not already attained menopause) and so it is unlikely that you are pregnant.
One common cause of discomfort in the upper abdomen is acid peptic disease.

Since you are having diarrhea and discomfort in the left upper abdomen, you probably suffering from colitis ( ?infectious). A stool test may be done for analysis.
Take plenty of fluids, electrolyte solution and probiotics.
If you feel drowsy, if the urine output is low and if there is vomiting, get medical attention.
I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini