Having fluctuating BP. Should I be worried?

Sep 2012

My blood pressure was 179/90 this mornig i took my bp med and now is 166/90. should i worry?
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 22 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, your blood pressure is higher than normal. The bp medicine you are taking can not lower it upto the normal level.

You should consult with your treating doctor for reassessment of your clinical profile and for making required changes to keep the blood pressure under control.

For your condition, it would be better to add a diuretic group of medicine to control the diastolic blood pressure. An sedative agent is also useful.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Follow-up: Having fluctuating BP. Should I be worried? 6 minutes later
Thank you,

I am waiting for my doctor to call me back. I was glad to see your add "ask the doctor" because I don't like to go to ER.

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 9 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

It is good to hear you.

If you have your answers, you can close this discussion.

Rating and review given by you will be appreciated.