Having fluctuating BP. Feeling anxiety and dizziness. What medication and precaution should I take?

I am 52 yrs with a body weight of 78 kg.I have ,probably, a fluctuation of blood pressure.In the morning it is generally 130/80.As the day progress, with daily work load, anxiety and situation, it varies up to 150/90.I feel heavyness by the noon/evening and some times dizziness and blurred vision/pressure on eye sight.My physician did not recommend any prescription for BP so far.In addition I have certain phobias like travelling alone, heavy crowded places and touring on my own and these situations add to the anxiety level and I feel dizziness in such situations.
Should I take any medication for the BP or some other precautions.
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 32 minutes later
Thanks for writing in,
At this age your blood pressure is quite normal.The difference of BP you see is called diurnal variation.
As you have different types of phobias are common as age advances and may be due to insufficient blood flow through basilar artery to the cerebral part of the brain. This is commonly noted.
I suppose you need not require any treatment.
Take less salt. Reduce your weight. Regular exercise. slow change in postures are advised.
I think it is good check for diabetes, triglycerides and high cholesterol in your blood as well.
Hope, I answered your query.
If you have more queries or clarification, please write back.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Having fluctuating BP. Feeling anxiety and dizziness. What medication and precaution should I take? 2 days later

Thanks for replying the query.Did you say that 150/90 BP is all right?Then My main worry is dizziness /lesser supply of blood to the brain during anxiety/tough situations.How to cope that up and remain normal in such situations.Is there any medication recommended for restricted blood flow to cerebral part of brain.

Regarding cholesterol etc., the recent reading are 13.9 Hemoglobin,Sugar fasting 98, Cholesterol 205, triglyceride 190.
You suggestion is well noted and exercise, salt intake will be looked in to.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
If your BP remains constant 150/90 is not advisable but your BP remains below 90, nothing to worry.
It will be controlled with salt restriction,low fat and reducing weight.
Your s.cholesterol and s.triglyceride are also on higher side. Control of these two also will control your BP.
Avoid anxiety and stress.
Dizziness is due to less blood flow in the brain and cause is age and high lipid profile, so control of cholesterol and triglycerides will improve circulation in the brain. Less fat and less carbohydrates in diet and regular exercise will reduce your cholesterol and triglycerides.
While sleeping keep thin pillow or do not use pillow.
If you do not have further query or clarification ,you can close the discussion and rate the answer.