Having flesh colored bumps in throat. Suffering from pain and difficulty in swallowing. What is the cure?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
Flesh colored painless bumps, 3 of them on the left side of my throat and a couple in the back of my tongue that touches that same area of my throat. I woke up earlier with pain in this same area but that is now gone and these bumps are present that cause the sensation that something is stuck and I need to swallow. No other symptoms and my tonsils were removed in youth, I'm now 45.
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Inflammatory swelling Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your query. It suggests that you may be suffering from the inflammatory swelling. But for exclusion of the other disease and to reach the near diagnosis you may go for 1. Oral examination by oral surgeon or please send me the picture of your throat. 2. Neck examination for any swelling or lymphadenophathy. 3. Thorough ENT examination. If you are smoker, alcohol drinker then there is need to meticulous examination. Treatment will depend on what is found on examination. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.

Follow-up: Having flesh colored bumps in throat. Suffering from pain and difficulty in swallowing. What is the cure? 51 minutes later
Thank you Dr. I do not have any lymphadenopathy and the bumps on the lateral left side of my parrot tongue are now gone. The ones on my pillar area are still present though. No other symptoms at this time. If they continue I will get them physically seem by an ent specialist. Thank you again.

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 13 hours later
Brief Answer: No need to worry Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, Thanks for follow up question. If they are subsiding on their own, then there is no need to worry. Wish you good health

Follow-up: Having flesh colored bumps in throat. Suffering from pain and difficulty in swallowing. What is the cure? 9 hours later
Hello Dr, I was woken from sleep with a sore throat this morning. The bumps on the back of my tongue have returned but they are painless to the touch. I still have no other symptom such as fever, rash, cough, runny nose, and the sore throat is starting to subside. They were gone but now they are back again and in a current spot on my tongue but the ones on my left pillar area of my throat are still present and have been there since yesterday morning, to the best of my knowledge. Nothing bored until the sore throat and sensation of something in my throat I needed to swallow.Thank you for your time.

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Throat Swab culture and antibiotic sensitivity Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your follow up question. It seems like that you are suffering from the inflammatory swelling i.e. I already mentioned in previous answer. To prevent recurrence and for better management, I personally advised to go for throat swab culture and antibiotic sensitivity. Use warm saline gargle with antiseptic for local management. Wish you good health