Having flatulence problem, loss of appetite. How to lower elevated sgpt, sgot and cholesterol level?

My SGPT is 90, SGOT - 44, Cholestrol - 211, Triglycerides - 218. My height is 6 Feet 2 inches and weight 80 Kgs ( so not overweight) . I do not drink alcohol, not on any medication either, don't eat many oily foods as well, have mostly a sedentary lifestyle, but do regular walk of 1 hr daily. Lately my appetite has greatly reduced and when I eat something I get a lot of flatulence. Could you please help or let me know what should be my course of action to lower the elevated values and get a sound digestion back?. I got a complete blood work done, except the above values everything else in LFT, RFT, CBC, Urine, Thryroid, vitamins etc came out to be normal.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 49 minutes later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

As per the description of your clinical symptoms and lab values, nothing seems to be abnormal except you have elevated triglycerides and having flatulence problem.

Solution for the first problem is to keep control of the triglyceride levels by changing the eating habits, as you are already doing. Also, increase the physical activity and change your life style. If your triglycerides are still high (>150mg/dl) in spite of above mentioned changes consult your physician.

Solution for second problem flatulence is avoid consuming legumes, nuts, spicy foods and carbonated beverages. Use over the counter available pantaprazole and itopride combinations on empty stomach.

Hope you feel clarified about your problem.

If you need any further clarification, write us back.