Having fissures, taking laxatives, water and fruits to pass stools. Have spinal pain due to anasthesia. Advise?

Sep 2013

iam sufferring from fissures problem for the past 6 years. it is recurring.often recently iam regularly taking laxatives and lot of water and fruits to pass stools. For the past one month i did not have any problem so I consulted a doctor who examined my anus under protoscope and concluded that it is a fissure and recommendef surgery. some friends ask me to try Botox injections what are my options . Yesterday i forgot to take laxatives and i got painful stools and noticed that iam bleeding please advise . Iam also reluctant to go for surgery as iam having spinal pain due to three times intravenous anasthesia
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 9 hours later

Since diagnosis is sure , because doctor examined it under proctoscope.

As you 43 years female with sulpha drugs reactions and anti hypertensive treatment.
Please reduce weight , if possible as 60-65 kgs is sufficient.

Botox injection treatment is under consideration and till it is under experimental stage , so I will not recommend.

In this case SURGERY is the last option.

Take XYLOCAINE 5 % and anal dilator ( three in number of different size).
Xylocaine 5 % in a water soluble lubricant is introduced in anus with the help of a nozzle.
After few minute introduce finger into anus ( anal canal).

When you notice that there is no pain in anus ( anal canal ) introduce anal dilator smallest size and than bigger size , than largest size one after another.

Repeat this twice in day at least for three months and fissure is usually healed in this time.
Laxatives are necessary fro soft motions.

Don't take tension as this causes constipation.

Hope I have answered your question.

If further any question I will help.

Good luck.
Follow-up: Having fissures, taking laxatives, water and fruits to pass stools. Have spinal pain due to anasthesia. Advise? 14 hours later

Thanks for the reply
Now iam having severe pain I shall try this after pain recedes, it this works well what diet should i follow and how to prevent reoccorrence whether and how i can manage without going for surgery .

I case if it reoccurs and if opt for surgery whether i will get permanent relief or will it reoccur . What type of surgery should i go for and what are the side effects please let me know. Some people say that motion leakage is there or it will not pass properlly
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Dorsal fissurectomy and sphincterotomy is the name of surgery of the surgery but as I said this is the last option.

Only precaution is consult a surgeon and get in surgery ,if necessary.

High fiber diet ,plenty of water,laxative will always soften the stool ( don't produces constipation).
Chances of recurrence is very very less so don't worry.

In future you will never develop fissure , about it I can assure you as follow.

Go for defecation only, when you feel strong desire of defecation ( it means when you feel that it is impossible to control stool to pass ).

Whatever the time , it is not necessary to pass stool early in the morning as our habit in India, so when urgent , go for defecation and don't strain at any cost).

Tension and stress avoid and you will never get hemorrhoid and fissure in whole life .

This is a practical experience.

Hope I have answered your question.

If ,you want any clearance I will help.

Good wishes for healthy life.