Having finger pain and cracked heel. Having face dullness, headache and foot pain after delivery. What to do?

Hello dr, now a days my 2 nd r 3 rd finger start pain. My left foot heel area, I have little crack also. That heel if I walk more or after sitting, it's 1 r 2 mins lot of pain. Now I am 33 year old, after delivery my weight also increase, belly also. My weight is 64kg but my height 5.2 only. After pregnant lots of problem. My face full darkness, my belly, headache, my foot pain, sometime piles problem, now my finger pain. Our food habit is 2 time rice, 1 time different food or some days 3 times rice Indian food. I m worried because my parents have sugar.. May be my case also like that.....
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 58 minutes later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

I understood that your main concern is whether you are a diabetic or not based on your symptoms.

Your pain in fingers may be due to musculoskelatal strain or sprain, few conditions like carpel tunnel syndrome may also cause this kind of pain.

Your heel pain have few possibilities. It may be due
1. Plantar fascitis, which is the inflammation of a layer of tissue near heel

2. Achilles tendonitis which is the inflammation of a large leg muscle's end,

3. Calcaneal spur or Heel spur which is the formation of a small bony protrusion on the bone near heel. Common reasons would be excessive running or jumping, improperly fitting shoes.

Main treatment for this kind of pain would be adequate rest to the heel for few days, application of ice packs at least two times a day near painful area and changing to nice and well fitted shoes. You might also need an X XXXXXXX of foot to detect Heel spur and if the pain is very severe and not bearable with supportive measures, your doctor might choose giving a local injection containing low potent steroid like triamcinolone which should only be done under the direct supervision of a qualified doctor.

Regarding dark discoloration of facial skin after pregnancy, this is a commonly presented complaint due to some hormonal changes. This would usually persists for few months and goes on its own. However, if it is more severe and is not getting resolved, you need to consult a gynecologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Regarding your concern about diabetes as both your parents are diabetic, I do not think that the symptoms you are having currently are much related to diabetes. But, it is a very good thing to rule out diabetes, particularly at your age and as you are at risk (since both your parents have diabetes). You can do this by getting your fasting blood sugar levels checked twice on two different days.

Hope this helps!