Having fever, cold and sore throat. Had a sexual exposure. Any STD?

I had a sexual exposure before 10 days.
I had body to body massage and handjob with the woman. But I did not have sexual intercourse. She licked my chest. I did not have oral sex with her nor did I kiss her.
The next day after exposure I noticed a pain in the skin near my biceps.
The following day it got swollen with pain and remaining till now.
After 8 days after exposure I got fever, cold and sore throat.
Do I have a possibility of HIV ?
Please reply...
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

First you should relax and should not worry at all, the kind of sexual exposure you had the risk of transmission is almost nil and even status of the woman is unknown. HIV risk is through unprotected sexual contact (Vaginal or Anal). Pain and swelling which you have may be due to minor trauma.

Most likely your Fever, cough and cold is simple viral infection. In such case patients do have lot of anxiety; hence you should get tested yourself for HIV and a negative test result will relieve your anxiety.

In future please practice safe and protected sex. We have to repeat test after 3 month to be safe.
Just visit a local Physician and take treatment for fever and cough, cold, and get above mentioned test.

Hope this information is helpful and if you have any query please ask me, I will be happy to help.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.