Having fever and swollen glands. Can I take advil or tylenol with aspirin?

Nov 2013

I take a aspirin a day , now feeling sick low grade fever swollen glands .. What can i take advil or tylenol
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
My reply is below

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

Both advil (ibuprofen) and tylenol (acetaminophen) are safe with aspirin. So, you can take either of them. Advil, is however, a better anti-inflammatory drug, so, you may take it if pain is also present. If it is only for fever, then, tylenol is fine.

In view of swollen lymph nodes, you may require antibiotics. Please discuss this with your GP.

I hope it helps.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM