Having fever and infected sebaceous cyst near groin. What should I do?

I think my boyfriend has a sebaceous cyst near his groin and it's infected and he has a fever what should I do?
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 21 minutes later
Hi Alanamiller,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Groin is a very unlikely area for the cysts.
Rather it could be a lymphadenopathy- enlarged lymph node due to infection down the leg some where.
Another possibility is that it's an inguinal hernia.
To be sure of diagnosis and get the required treatment you must take him to a physician and should be proactive about this to avoid complications.
I do not believe that it is a cyst.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!