Having fever and body ache frequently. Cause?

hi doctor, i am having feaver & body ache after each one month gap, this is happening with me from past two years.
i consult lot of doctors & multiple tests done but results remain always unknow.
pl help me , why i am having this
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

There are many possibilities of monthly fever, bodyaches.
To answer you more specifically, I would need to know what all tests were done and what is the treatment done so far.
It would greatly help if you could upload all your test reports here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
YYYY@YYYY      with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

Since you smoke, I want to ask if:
You get cough, expectoration? (Many episodes are viral infections.)
Fever with breathlessness, sputum?
Fever comes with chills, rigors, nausea, vomiting?
Are there any (lymph node)swellings in the neck, arm-pits?
Is there weight loss?

I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!
Follow-up: Having fever and body ache frequently. Cause? 51 minutes later
Dear Dr .,
Thanks for your quick reply. Herewith I am attaching my report for your ref. Since whatever symptoms you mentioned for fever are negative. I just always have body ache and feaver. Dats help
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 11 hours later
Thanks for the update.
Your tests which are basic only and normal. Not suggestive of acute infection at that time.

If recurrent, monthly fever and bodyache and no respiratory symptoms, you need more evaluation. ESR is only minimally elevated.

Differentials can be many.
Better get tested during fever and bodyaches.

You need CBC, LDH, CPK levels, urine routine, LFTs,blood culture during fever spike,Brucella antibodies, Xray chest, USG abdomen and pelvis, 2D echo heart, actual physical examination by a good experienced physician. You may seek an infectious disease consultant's opinion to look for chronic infections like chronic brucellosis, TB etc.

How is the fever usually? grade, chills? continuous or intermittent?
I there any rash or redness? Any bowel, bladder disturbance?
Is there any allergy like watering of eyes, sneezing?

I hope this helps.

Keep me posted on your progress and test reports at
Get well soon.