Having fever. Given sinarest syrup. Cause? How long will it take to settle?

Hi. I have a an infant who is 20 months old and weighs 12 Kgs. He has fever since 20 May night. I gave one dose of sinarest syrup the same night and another dose on 21st May morning as crocin was out of stock at home. Since afternoon of 21st may i am regularly giving him crocin drops. The fever settles in some time after administering dose but comes again (reaches 102 degrees for armpit). He is taking milk but not much of solids. When fever settles he is super active, otherwise not much. How much time may it take to settle? What can be the reason that it's not settling? Any advice for what should be done? Thanks.
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 21 minutes later

I can feel your concerns.

Fever is just a symptoms showing underlying infection.
Does your child has any history of cough, vomiting, sneezing, rashes, mosquito bite, increase frequency of micturition (passing excessive urine), or loose motion?

What’s the atmospheric temp over there?
Kindly keep his fever down by taped water sponging and giving paracetamol after every 4 hrs, antibiotics and antimalarial will have to be started, if need be, by a pediatrician.
It takes 48 hrs after medication to settle down.
Hoping this information will be helpful.
Waiting for your follow up.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.