Having fever. Given paracetamol. Observed no fever for hours. Suggest?

If no fever is observed in 12 hours after giving paracetamol, does it mean the child is on way to recovery? My son is 10 months old and had fever since Monday morning. On crocin cover yesterday but I have not given him any crocin today after 5am.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Yes, increase fever free time indicates sign of recovery.

The response to treatment can be judged by increase in time period between fever spikes, decrease in intensity of fever.

He is fever since Monday, means almost 5 days. In case of viral fever, the illness is self limiting and it takes about 3-4 days to recover fully. If the fever is viral he should not have fever again.

He is too young, so please visit your doctor if he gets fever again.

5 days fever in a child of 10 months must not be taken lightly.

In case he dose not have fever again, there is no need to worry.

I hope this helps.

Wishing him good health.