Having fatty liver, sore throat, back pain and feeling bloated with weight gain. Any solution?

Dec 2012

Good Afternoon DR.
I have fatty liver, now i am increasingly gainning weght, have sore throat specially in the evening, my back hurts,
excessive sweating in the middle of the night and sometimes gasping for air, I am bloated and swollen and looks like I am pregnant? I am feeling fatigue and my eyes have ring aroung my eyes?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 20 minutes later

Good afternoon and thanks for posting,

Just wish to know when your fatty liver was diagnosed? If earlier then it is most likely that it has become severe or has complicated to another much more severe liver diseases such as liver cirrhosis. Hepatocellular carcinoma will be characterized more with a weight loss, peripheral fluid collection, night sweats etc.
From your description it is very likely that your liver is failing due to liver cirrhosis.
Right now, you are required to go to the hospital for immediate attention. Acute liver failure is very XXXXXXX condition that requires urgent attention. A gastroenterologist the specialist of choice for your condition. A series of blood tests including liver enzymes tests, electrolytes, abdominal ultrasound and scans might be requested by your doctor. Portal hypertension is a serious condition that could micmic all of your presenting symptoms.

hope this was helpful and let me know if you got any other questions
I am right here to help
Dr Nsah
Follow-up: Having fatty liver, sore throat, back pain and feeling bloated with weight gain. Any solution? 23 hours later
I was diagnose last year of March 2012 or April 2012 and I was taken to emergency in May 21, 2012 coz of stomach pain and the same thing in October 16, 2012.
Your answer is very helpful.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 11 minutes later
Thanks for updating.

Try to access a hospital as soon as you can if you keep on swelling.

Dr Nsah