Having fatigue, joint pain, numbness in toes, short of breath. MRI showed prolongation and white matter. Advise?

Question
my friend has been experiencing problems since october with severe fatigue, difficulty concentrating(this is worsening), some difficulty with joint pain bilaterally in wrist and ankles and fatigue. Some numbness and burning in toes. Difficulty at first with lifting arms and legs but this has improved and has moved to fatigue. She smells smoke when there isn't any. She has been seen by a neurologist(october) a rheumatologist(just last week) and has had a negative, XXXXXXX thyroid, cbc, metabolic pain, rheumatoid factor, and now her MRI says there is some t2 prolongation with in subcortical white matter in L frontal lobe and mild prominence of a draining vein along the anterior aspect of the R temporal lobe but no other abnormalities. She is not a "stressed" out person, she does Tai Chi daily, she eats right and is not overweight. Do you have any suggestions or thoughts? She also feels like it is difficult to take a deep breath and feels short of breath. She has been checked for a hernia which was negative and chest xrays and hand xrays are normal
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 7 hours later
Thanks for the query,
I understand your concern
I have gone through your medical data
The possibilities that I feel after evaluating all the investigations are
1. Fibromlyalgia
2. Anxiety disorder
very unlikely to have real neurological problem. The best way to resolve this issue is to get re-examined by a clinical neurologist in a medical university hospital. I do not feel that MRI lesion can explain the clinical findings and mostly it is a non-specific finding.
Please get re-evaluated by a second neurologist and Let me know
Best wishes