Having eye problem and getting frequent headache. What to do?

Nov 2013

Hi, I am getting headache frequently. At least once in 3 days. I have spectacles with a power of around -2.75. I went to an eye specialist and changed my spectacles recently.
But still getting headache.
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.

Eye problems are not the cause of headache in your case.

The most likely cause of headache in your case could be migraine. The diagnosis can be made on the basis of description of headaches.

In migraine, headache can be on one or both sides of head. It lasts for more than four hours. Feeling of vomiting sensation may be present. Headaches may get worse when exposed to sunlight and noise.

There are good medicines available to treat migraine, such as propranolol, flunarizine, topiramate, divalproex, etc.

You may consult me or any other neurologist for treatment.

I hope it clarifies. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
Follow-up: Having eye problem and getting frequent headache. What to do? 16 minutes later
Thanks much Dr XXXXXXX
I had Sinus problem also. I get headache specially near my eyebrows and upper part of my head. I don't get vomiting sensation. Some times(At least twice in a month) I use Saridon tablet to get relief from headache. (Please advise whether I can use this)
I am not able to decide, whom should I consult. Whether I should consult a Neurologist or an ENT.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for getting back with more details.

Taking saridon twice a month is safe.

Sinus problem causes headaches for only a few days and your current symptoms are not due to sinus problem.

You should consult a Neurologist for further treatment.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)