Having extreme tremors or radiations throughout body. Blood test showed vitamin deficiency. Treatment?

Hi doctor,

My name is XXXXXXX and i am having extreme tremors or radiations throughout my body since 2 months

I feel tremors when at rest but not with movement.

I was requested to take blood test and i have deficency of
Vit D - 23 ( 50-150 normal)
Vit b12. - 173 (170- 400 ?normal )
B12 mma/hcy is .66 ( <.30 normal)

I quit drinking coffee and reduced my nicotin .

I do feel pain in my hands and stiff neckshoulders .

Please help
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

You mentioned that you have stiffness of neck and shoulders and pain in the hands. I suggest that you see an orthopaedic surgeon who shall examine you and, if need be, get the following investigations done:
1. X-ray cervical spine AP & Lat.
2. MRI of the cervical spine.
It appears that you are having cervical spondylosis which can explain all the symptoms that you have mentioned.

Regarding Vitamin D and supplements can be taken to correct them. The deficiency is certainly not the cause of the symptoms.

It is good to know that you have quit nicotine and even coffee.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
Follow-up: Having extreme tremors or radiations throughout body. Blood test showed vitamin deficiency. Treatment? 41 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thank you for the reply .

I would like to share some more facts.

GP did regular neurological test for vision ,sensation and physical test and ruled out neurological syptoms.
My diabetes (no family history) is normal and BP is normal

I have some syptoms like
- twitching of eyes often
- tremor on tongue (lower part of tongue when upper part it touched to upper jaw) when i check it in mirror
- If it bring my teeth together ,I feel instrinsic tremor/radiations in jaws (no visible outside)
- left side of body has more tremors
- I feel raditions inside body at times and tremors are not distinct like ET or any other neurological disease
- Feel depressed at times

My napropath told me I had good mobility of neck and there might be problem with Thoracic spines due to less mobility in upper back.

Could you please let me know what are the other possibilities along with Cervical Spondylsis in the neck.
Follow-up: Having extreme tremors or radiations throughout body. Blood test showed vitamin deficiency. Treatment? 6 minutes later
Hello Doctor

Please find attached my xray of cervical spine lat .

this was done on thursday . Hope it helps doctor.

Best Regards
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 10 minutes later

Thanks for sharing the x-ray and more facts.

X-ray appears to be normal but a photograph is not the appropriate medium to comment on it.

Going through your other complaints, I will suggest that you get your thyroid profile done as tremors can be seen in hyperthyroidism.

I do not agree with the person who suggested that you may have problem with the thoracic spine. Did he get it examined for any abnormality or tenderness or was an x-ray spine done to base the suggestion?

I hope I have clarified your doubts.