Having extreme pain after aggressive excision of recurrent osteochondroma. Is it curable?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have extreme pain as a result of aggressive excision of recurring ostio condramata,upper humerus. I am desperate, contemplate the end in my unmedicated state. At 58yrs old and 28 years in the only "Pain Clinic", groaning with pain, I'm told that I try to deceive them. My existence is tragic, my life experience subhuman. No man should be forced to suffer like I do. My partner weeps in her hopelessness
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
I can understand your situation. In cases of severe tumor related pains, pain specialists usually recommend opioid analgesics along with antidepressants and gabapentin.
All these are prescription medicines and need a close dosage regulation. Attending a pain clinic will help. The medicines will only help you upto small extent. These cannot remove your pain altogather.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.