Having extreme on and off fatigue and unable to stand. Feeling dizzy, blind spots and heart seems to be stopping. Treatment?

Dec 2014

All tests come back normal from my doctor...I have extreme on and off fatigue to a point where my legs wont allow me to stand, arms weak and shakey at the shoulders when I try holding them up,I have vertigo to a point that I close my eyes,trouble swallowing sometimes,headaches 4 days a week,shortness of breath,blindspots that come and go,I cant control the muscle in my tongue sometimes.I also notice when I begin having a bowel movement I get dizzy and weak.Heart seems to be stopping for 2 seconds sometimes and then picks up two quick beats when it goes again.This has all gone on for over a year and symptoms seem to be getting worse. I did have a bad fall on my neck and head when I was 9 but was not taken to the doctor..when I was about 49 I found out at some point my nose had been broke. Front teeth were broken during the fall and my chin hit in a way that now I have trouble with my jaws and chewing.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You have extreme fatigue and tiredness, shakiness in legs and arms, giddiness on closing the eyes, headaches, difficulty in respiration. You feel that you are not able to control the muscles of tongue. At time of bowel movements you feel dizziness. Your heart seems to be stopped for 1-2 seconds and then start beating fast. These symptoms are present for about 1 years. You are a otherwise healthy male with no significant history. You had history of fall at the age of 9 with no significant injuries. There is a history to trauma to nose also. All tests from your doctor came normal.

As all investigations came normal I would tell you that the problem is not so serious. If you haven't underwent MR scan then I would advise you for MRI brain and spine to rule out any anatomical lesion causing these symptoms. If MRI come normal then we can proceed to next step.

Get your Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid levels checked. Low B12 levels can aggravate such symptoms. If Vitamin B12 levels come below 300 then there is need to start supplements. Also get your hemoglobin levels checked to rule out anaemia as a cause of dizziness.

Most likely possibility of your symptoms is Anxiety disorder along with symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome. Episodic weakness,tremors, dryness of tongue, palpitations etc symptoms are common in anxiety. With time other somatic symptoms are also seen. Consult a Psychiatrist for management of such symptoms.

Medicines like SSRIs or SNRIs are very useful in anxiety with these symptoms.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids softgels help to improve the condition.
Relaxation exercises like yoga, breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation exercises help to improve the clinical symptoms and increase the confidence.

Hope this helps you, if you have more questions about your symptoms you can ask again.

Follow-up: Having extreme on and off fatigue and unable to stand. Feeling dizzy, blind spots and heart seems to be stopping. Treatment? 42 hours later
They did do an MRI a year ago when I was unable to walk for seven weeks and couldnt find anything. I did start taking Centrum Silver a month ago because I suspected a vitamin problem,but havent seen a change yet. Is there a different type of test for B Vitamins than maybe what they have already done?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Your MRI came normal so the any significant pathology has been ruled out.

Centrum Silver consists of most of significant antibiotics. It consists of Vitamin B12 and Foltate in significant quantities still I would advise you to go for Vitamin B12 estimation. The test is available with common labs. Other test you should go for is Thyroid Hormone Estimation. Low thyroid levels are reason for fatigue and other symptoms you have mentioned.

Second most likely possibility is anxiety, as I have mentioned earlier also. I would advise you to consult a Psychiatrist for evaluation.