Having extreme hair loss and low hormones levels. Is bioidentical pellet hormone therapy safe?

I am having extreme hair loss. I had blood work panel done and my hormone levels are all on the bottom of the graph. I am 67 years old. Is hair loss possible due to low hormone levels. Also my doctor is suggesting Bio-identical pellet hormone therapy. Is it safe? I am concerned about the fact that since it is inserted in my body and I have side effects it cannot be removed. I do not know what decision to make. I am now depressed about my hair loss. Any recommendations?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 28 minutes later

Yes, the hair loss can be due to the hormone imbalance.Treatment including hormone supplementation would surely cure the hair loss.

Also do apply MINOXIDIL 5% solution, this increases the blood supply to the scalp and nourish the hair roots preventing further hair loss and help in regrowth.

Bio-identical pellet hormone therapy is one of the newer and reliable technique for hormone replacement, there would be no problem in using it rather few side-effects in the beginning of the treatment.These effects fade over time and do not cause any serious trouble.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.