Having extrapyramidal side-effects from largactil, getting restless legs. Medicine to cure this?

Hi I think I may have EPSE from largactil dose of 20mg . I have restless legs . What medication
helps this?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

EPSE (extrapyramidal side-effects) can be seen in people when on conventional antipsychotics like chlorpromazine (largactil).

The best way to get rid of the symptoms without compromising the previous treatments would be by shifting on to an atypical antipsychotic like olanzapine, clozapine or risperidone. These antipsychotics have less chances of developing the EPSEs.

Also medications like antimuscarinic agents exmpl : Benztropine and Trihexyphenidyl can be used in severe cases of EPSE by Antipsychotics.

Do visit a Neurologist who can examine you and confirm the fact, place you on above medication if necessary.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.