Having external hemorrhoids. What are the options on surgery? How to deal with post surgical pain?

hi. I have an issue wuth external hemmeroids. and it has been a lot Okk f years now but I keep postponning doing anything about it. what are my options on surgery. different types and easiest one to deal with post surgery pain. ty
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the following suggestions...

Detailed Answer:

The surgery of hemorrhoids is decided based on the physical examination and the grade of hemorrhoids.

Treatment of the low-grade or minimal hemorrhoids includes symptomatic relief: creams, suppositories, anti-inflammatory drugs,etc.

With regards to large hemorrhoids, they are being treated through surgery, including:

- hemorrhoidectomy (removal of hemorrhoids)

- stapling hemorrhoidopexy (blocking the blood flow to hemorrhoids).

Stapling is less painful, but has higher rates of recurrence and/or rectal prolapse.

Meanwhile, hemorrhoidectomy (complete removal of hemorrhoids) is associates with more pain after the intervention but with lowest rates of recurrence, the most efficient way to treat hemorrhoids forever.

Hope it answered to your question!

p.s. if you have more concerns, please write back to me!