Having erratic heart beats. Had stent and mild heart attack. Taking ramapril. Suggestions

I am having erratic heart beats though average 57 to 60 also very high blood pressure 197 /90. I have a stent from 2007 and a very mild heartattack in 2008. I take ramapril 20mg and hydrochlorthyazide... 10 mg. should I go to the hospital... 2 squirts of nytro brought my bp down but it is up again... but the erratic heart beats are somewhat better.
.normal pressure about 135 to140 /70 I exersize a lot and have been fine.was fine all day.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 49 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

YES, You should go to the hospital...
Coronary Artery status has to be evaluated again...
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – if detected early, an attack may even be aborted / the amount of damage and complications can be reduced remarkably. The most important time is the first few hours.

EKG / HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance. / You may even subsequently need TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / Electro Physiological Studies (EPS) / The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

There are several reasons for the erratic heart beats - Anaemia / Anxiety / Alcohol / Tobacco (smoking) / Caffeine (too much tea, coffee, cola) / Fever / Infection / Pain / Stress / Thyroid / Vitamin D, calcium, potassium (may be low from thiazide), magnesium / Medicines like Phenylephrine used for ‘cold’; Salbutamol used for asthma and so on - may be responsible.... / At times, abnormal nerve paths in the heart (bypass tracts) or disease of the conduction system may be responsible!
See your doctor...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck