Having erection problem. Suggest the cure?

hi am 47yrs old men, I am having erections problem I don't know why, never used to have any issue with this before. I am worried as i am in a new relationship now.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
There are plenty of reasons for a loss of erection. Firstly the medical reasons need to be ruled. It can be done by measuring your blood sugars, blood pressure, and also a Penile Doppler USG to look for the vascular causes.
After this is done, and if anything comes abnormal the cause needs to be treated. Also if everything stated above comes normal then a hormonal assay especially a testosterone level should be useful.
Most probably all the reports will come normal as the most common cause of erectile dysfunction at age of 48 with a new relationship is psychological. You basically need to XXXXXXX a psychiatrist who can evaluate for the psychological causes especially for the performance anxiety. Also the thoughts about the sexual act can be at fault and lead to stress while performing the sexual activity. These things need some time and efforts. In my clinic if a patient comes and is in hurry to save his marriage and cannot go through all these rigors then i advice him to take sildenafil 50 mg 1 hour before sex. However one needs to examine the patient before one can prescribe this medications,especially the cardiac status. And XXXXXXX being an internet forum, unfortunately I wont be able to prescribe you with this medication. But you should seriously consider seeing a psychiatrist/sexologist who can help you with this prescription.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.