Having erectile problems. Relation between erectile problems and free testosterone level?

Dear Doctor,

Please find attached my Semen Analysis Reports and Hormone Level Test results.Kindly go through the same.As per the Hormone Level Test results ,my "Free Testosterone Level" is low.Some time I had little Erectile problems also.Is there any relation between Erectile problems and Free Testosterone Level?
Now me and my wife are trying for pregnancy. Is there any relation between Infertility and Free Testosterone Level?
Is Testosterone replacement will affect fertility?
We are trying for pregnancy last 4 months.But it was not successful.
Kindly explain.

Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
welcome to the forum.
Your semen analysis is normal.
Free testosterone is low as you have mentioned and as per the report.
You need to get examined physically to see if u have clinical features of low testosterone levels.
Then, a repeat value and serum PSA need to be done before replacement therapy with testosterone is planned.
It should help you in getting better erection and better chance of fertility.
Also, 4 months is too less a time and more time is needed to get pregnant.
Follow-up: Having erectile problems. Relation between erectile problems and free testosterone level? 32 minutes later

So I need direct consultation with Urologist,right? Now we are trying for pregnancy. Is it better to use any medication for improving the quality of erection, instead of hormne replacement? Kindly advise.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome back.
Of course, a direct consultation is a must.
There are erection enhancing medicines available which can be given and they require prescription.
These can be either given alone or in addition to testosterone.
Best regards