Having elbow pain. Lifting hand above heart makes veins sink in. ECG normal. Suggest?

I have been having a pain in my elbow. Now whenever I lift my hand above my heart my veins sink in. I had a cardiologist appt today and had an ECG done and everything was good. Why are my veins doing this?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see below.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
The veins are distended by the pressure of blood in them. The veins ultimately drain into right side of heart (right atrium).The pressure in right atrium on an average is ~5mmHg. When we raise our arm above the heart level, the pressure in these arm veins becomes greater (gravitational effect). The greater pressure between these arm veins and right atrium pushes the blood towards right atrium and hence veins sink in.
Hope this clarifies the issue. Feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Having elbow pain. Lifting hand above heart makes veins sink in. ECG normal. Suggest? 3 minutes later
So it's nothing to worry about?
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see details.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir
Whatever appears from your description is a normal phenomenon. If you have any trouble or you find any thing unusual you have to see your doctor, as examination is not feasible here.
Please do write if there is anything else.