Having ear dripping. Feel ears wet and smelly. Taken medicine. Remedy?

ENT Specialist
hi sir, I facing a problem of ear dripping from last couple of month. I always feel my left ear wet and smelly. I have taken some medicine from local doctor but problem still arise after some days. pls help me if you know a good doctor in new Delhi was well.

name XXXXX
cell. 0000
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sreenivasan Narayana 17 hours later

Thank you for the query. I have gone through your description.

Ear discharge can be because of many reasons. If it is for the first time and a short duration it is termed acute and if it has been there for a very long duration and discharges repeatedly it is termed chronic. The management differs for both of them. In chronic cases, discharging ears are loosely classified as being safe and unsafe.

You need to certainly be examined by a doctor - ENT specialist who can assess your condition and suggest treatment. For such conditions all the ENT specialists are trained well; so you can go to one near your area. Better still, you can XXXXXXX an ENT in one of these hospitals if it is near your area - Apollo, Fortis, XXXXXXX or XXXXXXX Specialty Surgery.

Follow-up: Having ear dripping. Feel ears wet and smelly. Taken medicine. Remedy? 6 minutes later
hi sir. m in Delhi and all mentioned hospital are accessible for me. can you pls tell me any doctor's contact no ? so that I can fix the appointment. as I never done this before
Answered by Dr. Sreenivasan Narayana 3 hours later

There is Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX at XXXXXXX Specialty Surgery Kailash Colony. You can fix an appointment with him by calling up the hospital desk.

As I said, other doctors also can be reached by calling up the hospital desk and asking for the appointment. As the outpatient clinics of each doctor could be on different day, it is better to call up the desk.