Having dust allergy. Prescribed inhaler. How to stop using inhaler?

Hello Doctor
I having dust allergy, hence doctor prescribed to use inhaller, however in the cold environment, dusty environment, if I due some heavy work, I always need to use this inhaller, without using I feel like iam dying. Kinldy advice how to stop using the inhaller as it has become adiction for me.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid the triggers to stop inhaler use

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry about your health condition.

You seem to have chronic dust allergy. It is right to use the inhaler when you are in discomfort. However, to overcome this issue for a long term basis, you need to avoid the triggers or allergens.

In your case, you have to avoid exposure to dust, abstain from heavy work, and keep yourself warm in winter. The permanent solution to chronic allergy is avoidance of the triggers as I said.

So, I advise you to follow the above measures. This may be difficult for you initially, but you can soon overcome this.

Definitely, you need not have to use the inhaler for long time.

Lifestyle changes are the mainstay of treatment for chronic allergies like yours.

Hope this helps you.