Having dull pain in pectoralis major, armpit and nipples. Have high triglycerides. What can be done?

i have a slight dull pain in the pectoralis major , near armpit and which goes down to the nipple .and there is a pain in the nipple also . I got it cheked by an onco surgeon he ruled out the possibilty and the sense of swelling XXXXXXX increases with ac blust
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. S. Jegadeesan 4 hours later

Thanks for your direct inquiry.
I understand that you are 42 years male with high triglyceride level.
Before coming to a possible diagnosis I need a few details:

1) Since how long are you having this pain? which side? Are there any relieving or precipitating factors?
2) Is there any swelling or do you have only the sense of swelling?
3) Is the pain followed with any exercise or trauma?
4) Any typical chest pain or profuse sweating?
5) What is your height and weight?
6) Did you undergo any ECG recently?
7) Is there any infection in the armpit or anywhere in that particular upper arm?

It will be easy to arrive at a possible cause for the pain if the above questions are clarified.

With Best Wishes
Dr. S. Jegadeesan

Follow-up: Having dull pain in pectoralis major, armpit and nipples. Have high triglycerides. What can be done? 57 minutes later
it comes every year with the onset of summmer and actually when i am exposed to AC.

on the left side ... no relieving or ppt factors

i have only the sense of swelling... no excercise or trauma ...but increases with excercise. no sweating ... but the pain is around chest. I am 5.6 ft and 81 Kgs ECG yes was ok

no infection in the armpit
Answered by Dr. S. Jegadeesan 1 hour later
Thanks for the clarification
Heart pain is ruled out – as the ECG was normal and there is no associated excessive sweating.
Infection is ruled out – As there is no source of infection
Bone pain is ruled out – As there is no H/O injury
It can be muscle pain. The pectoralis major has 3 parts of muscles connected/originating - Sternum, Clavicle and Ribs all going towards/ending at the medial aspect of the shoulder joint. Major movements of the shoulder are controlled by this muscle.
An un-noticed traction injury to the muscle may present like this.
The relationship with summer and AC cooling – the possible cause may be infection anywhere from the tip of nose till the bottom of bronchial tree – that may produce a sense of swelling in the chest when cool air blown forcibly over the face. The commonest infection to rule out for AC habituated individual is Fungus infection
You can avoid doing Pectoralis Major exercises and observe, as well as keep your whole bronchial tree clear.
Meanwhile you can try oral pain killers in combination with muscle relaxants + local analgesic cream over the Pectoralis Major
For your height you are little overweight – investigate and try to reduce the weight by all possible ways including diet.
X-ray para nasal sinuses and X-ray chest may be useful
I have given the possible causes only – As the ECG and relevant investigations are normal.
With best wishes
Dr. S. Jegadeesan