Having dull pain in groin area. Colonoscopy showed diverticula. Cure?

Yes, I have been having some issues in my lower left groin/abdomen are for a few months -- since December 2012. Initially I thought there was a hernia but was ruled out with Ultrasound and CT Scan. I had a Colonoscopy also and there were diverticula found otherwise normal.
The issue is on my left side. I can sometimes feel what I was told was my intestines along the top to lower left near my hip bone down to the bottom of my lower abdomen in the pelvic region when the ultrasound was conducted. Throughout the day and in the mornings especially its like I can feel my bowel forming and it eventually feels like a thick rope that I can move side to side when pressing on it.
The thing is, this has never been the case before so I'm not sure what it is. It feels like I have a constant dull swelling sensation in that area with tingling along my left side and left abdomen.
I have been having this issue since after exercising and leaning on my left side for a few hours. When I got up I felt a pain in my left groin area and that's when I started noticing the pain/dull/tingling sensations.
Initially it just felt like I over tensed my side and pulled/strained a muscle. So there was a period where I was pressing in that area as well to try and ease the pain. The pain eventually went away but now I just have the muscle cramping issue. It size of the rope like muscle that I feel now used to be considerably larger but it has gotten a little bit better over time but its still there.
The doctor mentioned that my iliacus/iliopsoas and Trans Versus Abdominal muscles were tight. And said it may be because I am relatively thin and may have lost fat in that area which is why I can feel it now, but I have been this size most of my life.
Is it possible for this muscle group to cramp and tense up of and on for this long of a period of time -- since December 2012. Is it possible to irritate nerves that cause this type of contraction and tightness in this area that is just taking a long time to heal? After I have a bowel movement the muscles tense up even more and it gets hard like a rope. With increased activity I get the burning and tingling sensations on my left side and groin area as well.
From my statement above, do you have any possible diagnosis or suggestions? I also have my Colonoscopy results posted as well as ultrasound images. Are you able to see possible nerve damage via CT Scan and Ultra Sound? Is there an exam that I could take to determine nerve damage?

Thank you.

Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 days later
Thanks for the query
I have noted your medical problem
I understand your concern
Yes, the muscles that you have mentioned can cause contractions and pain. But Based upon the story, I do not feel any nerve damage. I am sorry that I do not see any reports attached. From the data posted, I feel that you have a local muscle sprain and it will improve with time. Please get examined by a local neurologist as it is very difficult on my part to diagnose beyond this.
Let me know if I can help you in any way
Best wishes
Follow-up: Having dull pain in groin area. Colonoscopy showed diverticula. Cure? 34 hours later
Thank you Dr. Dash,

I will get more testing done and follow-up with you.

Warmest regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 9 hours later
Thanks for the feed back
Keep me posted about your health
Wish you good health
Best wishes