Having dryness and itching in vagina. Itching in upper clitoris and burning in vaginal area. Taking birth control pills. Treatment?

Question
hi, I am XXXXXXX from Assam age 29 married woman. I have sexual Problem. My vagina dry, itching in upper clitoris, sometimes burning in vaginal area and lower clitoris, i have no sex. actually I takes birth control pill two years ago. Please tell me which treatment I will take or which medicine I will take for this disease.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXX

Thanks for your health concerns. Many of your symptoms would be compatible with a fungal infection; depending on the extent, either oral or topical antifungals would be warranted. My best advice is to see a gynecologist who will perform an examination with a speculum and take samples. In terms of sexual desire, it has to be determined if it is due to a hormonal cause (your doctor can check hormone levels in blood) or psychological/emotional, in which case sexual therapy might be indicated

Hope this helps, wish you the best, blessings.

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic

Follow-up: Having dryness and itching in vagina. Itching in upper clitoris and burning in vaginal area. Taking birth control pills. Treatment? 13 hours later
sex is hard painful for me.My husband sex with another 4 woman.I have no sex.I have been suffering from these disease last 7 years.

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXX

The condition you are suffering from is called dyspareunia; there are both physical and psychologic causes for painful sex. the first thing is to rule out the physical causes (for example abnormal position of the uterus, endometriosis, etc) by a gynecologist; if all is negative it might be a psychologic issue and then sexual psychotherapy might be useful

Hope that brings further guidance,
Yours truly

Follow-up: Having dryness and itching in vagina. Itching in upper clitoris and burning in vaginal area. Taking birth control pills. Treatment? 18 hours later
I takes birth control pill two years ago.when i was taken this medicine irregular menstruation period occurs.my vaginal discharge is milky white and gravy. i have totally sex lost.My husband sex with another 4 woman.I have been suffering from these disease last 7 years. Please tell me which treatment I will take or which medicine I will take for this disease.

some time burning in labia minora and itching in labia majora.

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 5 hours later
Dear XXXXXX,

The vaginal discharge has abnormal features and needs to be tested further.

The discharge could be related to bacterial proliferation such as vaginosis or another specific infection such as trichomonas, which can present with most of the symptoms you are having.

I would urge you to visit either a gynecologist or a family physician, so that they can conduct a pelvic exam and do testing on the vaginal discharge or will do a pap-smear..

Hope this is helpful, wish you the best, blessings