Having dry skin since childhood. What is this condition called?

I have very dry skin, have had since a child. The lines on my palms are XXXXXXX and many.
A doctor many years ago saw them, I was working in theatre at the time and said oh you have .... ( I now don't remember what) but that it was genetic. My father had the same skin, as does my younger sister. All my 3 daughters have it in a mild form and it's evident in my grandsons. Just wanting to know the name of the condition please !!!
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 30 minutes later

The description of skin and family history in your case suggests it can be
"ichtyosis vulgaris".

Also there are other conditions which can cause dry skin and family history.

If you can upload close up photos of the skin and palms it wil be very helpful in predicting the condition.

Hope this helps.

Anticipating your response.