Having dry mouth after gallbladder removal. Can I take oxycodine?

i had my gallbladder removed yesterday, today i urinating very often and have very dry mouth, i took today 3 tylenols. 0.5 claonozepam (as usual) and 2 gaz10 and 1 colance can i take oxycodine?
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 1 hour later
I hope you are recoving well from your surgery. You can take oxycodone for pain, however make sure you consult with your surgeon regarding the dose. Make sure the oxycodone you get does not contain acetaminophen (tylenol), otherwise you can overdose on tylenol (which is very toxic to the liver when taken in large amounts) since you are already taking tylenol itself. Also, oxycodone very commonly will make you sleepy, so do not drive or perform any hazardous activities. It is a good idea to keep on taking a stool softener since oxycodone is also constipating.
Hope that helps.
Follow-up: Having dry mouth after gallbladder removal. Can I take oxycodine? 6 hours later
why i am all night in the bathroom and it is water what i am urinating with?
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 4 hours later
Usually during surgery you are given plenty of intravenous fluids, which you end up urinating in the next 24-48 hours. If you have any other symptoms such as burning or difficulty urinating you then should be checked for a urinary tract infection.