Having dizziness, shortness of breath and extreme fatigue. Suggestions?

I am 63 old male, not much med history.
Like to walk. Had symptoms of dizziness , shortness of breath , extreme fatigue past few days when
Doing normal activities.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Repeated spells of dizziness, weakness and shortness of breath that too within a few days definitely need attention. Dizziness can be there due to multiple reasons but at your age there are three possibilities that are coming to my mind-
1. Anaemia- reduced blood hemoglobin levels. This can be ruled out by getting a complete blood picture done.
2.Cardiac problem- Missing heart beats are one of the common causes of dizziness or it might happen due to some irregularities in the cardiac impulse. This can be ruled out on having an ECG done.
3.Weakness, any infections in the recent past, lack of proper regular meals, as a side effect of some medicines, hormone disturbances, etc.
All these factors will have to be ruled out with the help of your physician to come to the actual problem for treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.