Having distended stomach, dizziness and blackout. Reason and prevention?

I suddenly get an attack of dizziness brought on by a distended stomach, completely puffed up. Then i feel as if i am going to have a blackout. What can cuse this and how do i prevent it
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 12 hours later

You have not mentioned your other details like weight,current medication which could have helped me answer your query in better way.

Anyway,I will try to answer this.

Assuming you to be an middle aged adult,the first thing I would advise you to do is to visit your physician and get your self examined for this.You must have your blood pressure checked and after examination he may advise further tests like EKG as per need.

Simple gas problem cannot lead to giddiness and feeling of black out,there has to be some other reason for this.There could many possible reasons for your complaint but cardiac reasons needs to be excluded first.

Other then cardiac reasons heavy diet,too much of stress,excessive physical activity can also lead to this.

Take rest,light diet in mean time.

Please visit your physician and you can even opt to go emergency room.

I hope this answers your query,if you have anything more to ask,I will be glad to reply.

wishing you good health,