Having disequilibrium while standing. Suggested vestibular neuritis. Is there any other treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have had disequilibrium for 7 months and there are no test results ( blood, urine, MRI, MRA, hearing, eye exam, VNG) that has shown any cause. Now my doctors say just see if it will got away. The disequilibrium is constant when I am standing. The VNG test showed a 76% deficit on the right side. my neurologist says there's nothing else she can do. The physical therapist has suggested vestibular neuritis. Are there any other steps I can take?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
A persistent dysequilibrium for 7 months is suggestive of a vestibular problem like neuronitis.
Usually drugs like scopolamine patches, anti histamines, sedatives, etc are prescribed for symptomatic relief to some extent.
Steroids may need to be added in case of persistent symptoms.
All these medicines do provide a partial relief only. Nothing much can be done for complete relief.
You can ask your neurologist for appropriate prescriptions according to the severity of your symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.