Having discomfort under right shoulder and swelling. Could it be liver or lung related?

Question
Good morning. I have some discomfort under right shoulder and swelling. Could it be liver or lung related? Gallbladder removed. A little swelling in right arm pit
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 15 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Swelling in right armpit can not occur due to liver problem.

Lymph nodes are present in armpit. If there is any disease in there catchment area, these become swollen, and can cause discomfort and swelling.

Swelling of lymph nodes and tenderness can be confirmed by palpation.

For diagnosis, you have to consult a Physician so that he can perform examination and advise tests if required.

Meanwhile you can take some anti-inflammatory analgesic for relief.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Having discomfort under right shoulder and swelling. Could it be liver or lung related? 22 minutes later
What might cause the swelling and slight discomfort in the area of the right shoulder blade

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome again,

Diagnosis of swelling can be made after examination, palpation and investigations (if required) only.

The common cause of pain in scapular area is the injury to the soft tissues including muscles, ligaments and tendons present in this region.

Inflammation under diaphragm can cause referred pain in scapular area. If will be better if you can consult an orthopedic surgeon in person.

If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Having discomfort under right shoulder and swelling. Could it be liver or lung related? 51 minutes later
Would I be better to say upper right quad of back rather than shoulder blade. Sort of reminds me of the fatty tumor although larger no core or head and popped up within a week. My experience with drs has not been great hence hysterectomy at 21 after being told nothing wrong ( advanced endometriosis and PID) and thoracic surg for precancerous lesions on stomach and esophagus after being treated for "sinus infection" causing me to vomit several times a day and night. I had to go out of town to get correct diagnoses dermatologist was going to do a watch and see on a mole until I mention father with melonoma .... Apparently didn't have time to read medical history I had to fill out before he saw me. That mole was severely dsyplastic When should I be concerned if at all regarding this matter
Are you still there have not heard back
Follow-up: Having discomfort under right shoulder and swelling. Could it be liver or lung related? 2 hours later
Are you still there have not heard back

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 5 hours later

Welcome again,

Sorry, I was not available. Sorry for your bad experiences also.

The swelling can be due to Lipoma, Dermoid cyst, Sebaceous cyst, Hematoma etc.

Lipoma is most common non cancerous soft tissue growth, and can occur any where in the body.

It is not possible to diagnose it without examination.

Please consult a General/Orthopedic Surgeon for diagnosis.

Advice on "when you should be concerned can be given after diagnosis only.

With good wishes,