Having discomfort in vaginal area. Taking monistat. Noticed white pimple in labia. Concerned

I've been having discomfort down in my vaginal area since monday. the first day my discharge looked like cottage cheese with a hint of light pink and by wednesday i still had the discharge but my vagina was unbearably itchy, so i went to CVS and bought Monistat yeast infection 3 day treatment. today would be my fifth day and my vagina has cured a little but it is still a little itchy and red and i found one white head pimple in the outer part i think the labia. i am very concerned and am a little bit embarrassed to go to my gyno. please help. thank you!
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

The description you have provided seems to be of yeast infection with supradded bacterial infection. Antifungals only will not help. A pus swab for culture and sensitivity will be helpful to yield the organism and subsequently the antibiotic management. If the infection still persists the consultation from the qynacologist is strongly recommended and there is no embarrassment in consulting your problem with a doctor.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask