Having discomfort in chest region. Taking antibiotics for swollen lymph nodes. Suggest

1 week ago I woke up with a swollen node right below my ear. it hurt to touch. 3 hours later I was sitting and I told my husband it felt like someone just sat on my chest. I moved around and it went away in less than a minute. I went to the dr. and got antibiotics for the swollen node Augmentin and forgot to mention the earlier chest pressure. I was fine the whole week but just this last sat I woke up and it felt like someone was lightly squeezing my heart on the left side in between my breasts. it lasted almost the whole day unless I did physical activity then I felt nothing it bothers me at rest but not activity. I'm 33 5'7 about 215 lbs I need to know if I should be worried if I should be doing something I don't have insurance
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 34 hours later
Brief Answer: Evaluation of the heart is needed. Detailed Answer: Hello, You're feeling chest discomfort for a brief period and it is recurring. In my opinion it is better to rule out any heart condition. In this situation I would record the blood pressure of the patient to rule out High blood pressure which is the commonest cause of chest discomfort. Treat with antihypertensive medicines if blood pressure is high. The patient needs to undergo Chest X ray, ECG and Echocardiogram to rule out any heart disease. Consultation with a Cardiologist is recommended. Without health insurance it will be difficult to do all this. Hope you understand the importance of the situation. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. regards.