Having discharge of pus from anus. Done with sonofistulogram. Experiencing pain and discomfort. What next?

Hi Doc,This is Paul from Bangalore...Ive been having discharge of Pus from the anus for about 4 months now...I'm in constant touch with a general surgeon and a homeopath (ive informed my general surgeon about this). I recently got a sonofistulogram done and these are the comments of the Doc "Evidence of fistulous track/cavity along the posterior of the anal canal.Its XXXXXXX opening is around 6oclock position in the lower third of the anal canal.It is passing through the adjacent XXXXXXX sphincter till the intersphincteric space"...ive been advice a fistulocomy by my general surgeon ....Ive not been experiencing much pain,though there is only a slight discomfort ,the discharge of pus too has reduced.How critical is the fistuloctomy considering im on homeo treatment too.Kindly advice me on how to proceed further.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May go for fistulectomy or kshar-sutra

Detailed Answer:
You have got ano-cutaneous fistula along the posterior wall.Fistula is something which connects the two tracts with an opening at its both ends.As per the principles of the surgery, fistulectomy, that is the removal of whole tract is the treatment of choice. As long as it persists, it will be continuosly discharging the pus and getting infected.
One thing I want to tell you there is very good treatment of this condition in ayurveda called kshar-sutra. Where they pass a medicated thread along the fistulous tract ant tie the knot outside. On regular interval say week they tighten the knot, the thread cuts the fistula tract with side by side healing and finally comes out. This has got a good success rate. This is being done in centers like BHU varanasi. You may ask any ayurvedic surgeon for that too.

Hopefully I have answered your query. You are welcomed for follow up....

Best wishes
Follow-up: Having discharge of pus from anus. Done with sonofistulogram. Experiencing pain and discomfort. What next? 17 minutes later
Thanks for your reply doc.Yea im aware of the kshar-sutra and also that the recurrence rate is very low in this case. As im on Homeo treatment too,I was wondering if homeo is any good considering that i'm treated by the best homeos in Bangalore for 3 months now.-There is very little discomfort and the pus is also reducing but still discharging
Is surgery the way out ? how critical is surgery ? will the infection spread ...Pus discharge for about 4 months is worrying me.
Thanks and Regards,
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
surgeru do not carry extra unusual risk

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
I have my personal opinion that as long as tract is there it will continue to get infected and will discharge the pus.
Surgery is definitely good. There is no extra risk of infection apart from carrying the usual surgical risk..It is safe procedure.
You must try for kshar-sutra first and if it fails......go for surgery...