Having disc pain and given lidocaine. Suggest the course of action?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have disc pain C4/5...Muscle Left arm..Have a friend gave me Lidocaine HCI 1 %...and U 100' I inject in the arm or in the muscle..If so how much
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not recommended for use like this.

Detailed Answer:
Lidocaine is not for injection in the arm or the muscle. It can be given at the local site- near the herniated disc for temporary relief. Do not self medicate yourself like this. This could be XXXXXXX
It is best to consult an orthopedician and get some muscle relaxants and methylcobalamin supplements prescribed for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.