Having dirt like texture discharge, looks like dry peeling skin. Treated for yeast infection. On birth control. Suggest?

Excellent
Question
hello, i have been having a dirt like texture discharge and it looks like dry peeling skin, i have treated myself for a yeast infection and went to oby they dont see anything, they treated me for BV bc i had a sour milk smell discharge, ni health problems i am on birth control pill, their is no odor and no itch and i cant seem to find out what it is
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
THESE WERE SOME FOLLOWUP QUESTIONS FROM YOUR LAST POST:

Did your OB/GYN discuss you the possible underlying causes of a persistent vaginal infection?

Did they do any cultures?

Did they discuss the possible role of your birth control pills?

Have you had children?

Please let me know and I will be happy to answer your questions.

Follow-up: Having dirt like texture discharge, looks like dry peeling skin. Treated for yeast infection. On birth control. Suggest? 11 minutes later
no kids and yes they did a pelvic exam when i went 2 wks ago, i been on birth control pills for yeardm and no problems and i have not change birth control pillam

When they did the pelvic exam, do you know if they did cultures? Did they find BV on a culture?

Thank you!

Follow-up: Having dirt like texture discharge, looks like dry peeling skin. Treated for yeast infection. On birth control. Suggest? 12 minutes later
no cultures, im gonna just get me some diflucan and cream for bv like you recommended, the 150 diflucan take for 4 daya, im gonna go online and purchase since i canym seem to get anything done at my oby

That sounds like a great plan. I would also recommend that you consider another OB/GYN where you can get a second opinion.

Remember to provide feedback and rate my answer! Good luck to you!!

Follow-up: Having dirt like texture discharge, looks like dry peeling skin. Treated for yeast infection. On birth control. Suggest? 10 hours later
what does this seems like to u r should i jus purchase both,

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
I would purchase both and treat for both infections just as I outlined before.

Good luck!