Having difficulty walking with one leg. What could be the cause?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have difficulty walking with one leg
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please give some more information.

Detailed Answer:

You have given hardly any information which will help me in diagnosing the cause of difficult walking.

Please revert back to me with as much information as possible, particularly, duration, pain and other symptoms associated with it; whether worked up or not; any current medications.

There is a feature to upload images/report, you can utilise that so that I can help you in better ways.

Looking forward to hearing soon from you.

Warm regards.
Follow-up: Having difficulty walking with one leg. What could be the cause? 3 hours later
My leg gave out on me last week a couple of times, it just caved in. It feels like a muscle My legwon't straighten out when I walk.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems ligament instability.

Detailed Answer:
Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause. From description it seems ligament instability leading to protective muscle spasm to prevent fall.
I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician and get a MRI done to see the ligament instability.