Having difficulty in swallowing saliva and sensation of something stuck in throat. Any relief?

ENT Specialist
I am having difficulty in swallowing saliva having sensation of something is stuck in throat
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 5 hours later

Thanks for posting the query

With the short history you have provided it is very difficult to arrive at a diagnosis. The probable cause could be pharyngitis secondary to acid reflux or viral infection.

I need to know few more things before zeroing on an exact cause.
1. Since how many days are you having this problem?
2. Due you smoke or consume chilled beverages very often?
3. Any recent history of fever, cold, nasal block, throat pain, etc.?
4. Any history of stress, heart burn, etc.?

Please revert back with answers to the above questions. I will definitely try my best to help you out from this problem.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head Neck Surgeon